sibutramine diet pills
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to -SD-Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: ...Global-Earth FPS'S: VBS BLUE IG and TITAN IM VANGAURD

...Global-Earth FPS'S: VBS BLUE IG and TITAN IM VANGAURD 3 weeks 2 days ago #4743

• -SD-Ninja_Jedi
  • -SD-Member
  • Thank you received: 15
I am currently addicted to ARMA3; I've been playing it and other FPS games for years. It used to be called Operation Flashpoint which came out in 2001. What i remember hearing back then was that there was a Military version of the game but I never saw it nor knew the name.. until now: VBS1

I had kind of forgotten about it and/or never really looked into it, but then yesterday I heard about another one called TITAN IM. Looked them up today and found the following..:

The latest version of VBS is called IG BLUE which uses the entire Earth as the map/environment. VBS's new competitor is TITAN IM. Both of these are not available to the public, only to militaries. The graphics are not as good as ARMA3 but in their defense - they are rendering the whole planet. :woohoo:

BRIEF HISTORY OF VBS
"The Virtual Battlespace Systems 1  (VBS1) concept was initially conceived in 2001 ... The BIS computer game Operation Flashpoint (OFP) aimed for a highly realistic military gameplay. In order to achieve this the game featured large scale terrain areas combined with a high level of detail, an integrated topographic map, a fully functional command and control system for small teams, and considerable flexibility in the game engine. These functionalities gave the game obvious military potential, and as a result Bohemia Interactive Australia (BIA) was formed and given the task of converting the product explicitly for military purposes."

"The first military customer for VBS1 was the United States Marine Corps (USMC), who were provided VBS1, a USMC addon pack and MOUT training facilities modelled to a high level of detail in late 2001."

(source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBS1)

LATEST VBS
"BISim released VBS Blue IG for the first time in April 2018.The company describes VBS Blue IG as a '3D planetary simulation that is cloud-enabled, geo-specific with round-earth procedural rendering and editing.' "
(source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemia_Interactive_Simulations#VBS3)

VBS 2017 PROMO

VBS 2016 WITH VR DEMO

Titan Integrated Military (IM) Vanguard is a.. "new 'Whole of World' simulation environment that:

- Delivers the entire globe with pre-built terrain
- Supports space, air, land, sea and sub-surface applications in the one seamless system
- Is facilitating a collapse of virtual and constructive concepts into one platform
- Provides an out-of-the box first person training environment
- Delivers an open development platform that supports modern programming methodologies
- …is the future of simulation"

(source http://www.calytrix.com/products/titan/)

Titan Vanguard - Embassy Evacuation Scenario Demonstration

Titan Vanguard - GLOBAL
-SD-Ninja_Jedi
Been playing AA since v1.0
[AA 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x]
ARMA since it was called OPERATION FLASHPOINT
[OFP1 to ARMA3]
Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 hours ago by -SD-Ninja_Jedi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: -SD-rebourne, -SD-jimmyboy1952, -SD-peacefulfury, -SD-SAMMY
Moderators: test, -SD-jimmyboy1952, -SD-Ryning, -SD-oCrouchy, -SD-Sp00nkY, -SD-Dorr, -SD-peacefulfury
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds