sibutramine diet pills
× Welcome to -SD-Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Happy New Year 2020 !!

1 month 3 weeks ago 1 month 3 weeks ago by Connor.
Connor
Visitor
Visitor
Topic Author
Happy New Year 2020 !! #1
Happy new year to every member of SD & everyone !! :)

I thought of an interesting thing to do which is label your goals next year, what you want to achieve, what goals you are aiming for. This is of course completely optional, no one is obligated.

I'll start though.

Well yesterday I went for an interview and walked out with a new job - higher pay (extra £400 a month) and much better benefits/perks such as an xmas bonus every year (between £400 - £800 based on attendance i.e no sick days etc), so i'll be starting a new job come Feb. That's one of my goals achieved as I was determind to get a new job which offers further opportunities for advancing my career in the security industry. The company is also putting me through the CCTV operators course (mandantory to control/use CCTV by SIA) which they will pay for themselves at no cost to me, £110. This alone opens many doors and provides more skills/experience which is invaluable. They also renew my door supervisors license at no cost to myself, which is roughly £220 every 4 years. I'll be working for the management of Fort Kinnaird, a massive retail park in Edinburgh (probably the biggest) overseeing security for the entire retail park and every shop/business in the park such as McDonalds, Sports Direct, Game, Primark, Argos etc as a security officer. It will be an interesting role for sure... :)

Another goal I hope to achieve is by getting a new flat mid-June/July. Hopefully cheaper and closer to Edinburgh.

The final goal I want to achieve is learning to drive. I couldn't do it with the current job as they do not offer staff parking & parking in Edinburgh is bloody expensive as you can imagine, so i'd have to take the bus to work anyway and it would be the result I spend a lot of money on a car I do not use much. However this new job does offer free parking for it's staff... So i'll be going for they driving lessons and a new car eventually, hopefully achieved by Mid-next year...

So anyway i'm curious to see what you guys hope to achieve next year - in a years time we can see how many we've accomplished :)

Happy new year to every one of you - Hope you all had a lovely one with your families.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 3 weeks ago
-SD-Spartanic
-SD-Member/Donator
-SD-Member/Donator
More
Happy New Year 2020 !! #2
Connor thanks for sharing and good fortune.

My goal was to end year at or above financial plan (retirement goals met, house upgrades paid for, girls operating independently with sufficient savings backup and retirement saving started for both, my multi-year cash account funded) and having my engineering and production teams able to operate more autonomously without constant oversight and direction. Those are done. Now I am on last three months before expected retirement. For work I am just waiting for replacement to train while also keeping business going forward. We expect to do $9M this year in sales. So after watching and working this retirement plan for many, many years, and really focusing last five it has paid off while also getting both girls through college.
The following user(s) said Thank You -SD-rebourne, Connor

1 month 3 weeks ago
Connor
Visitor
Visitor
Topic Author
Happy New Year 2020 !! #3
Sounds like your awesome hard work is paying of Spart. You should be proud of yourself, it's fantastic achievements you've met :)

1 month 3 weeks ago
-SD-Sgt.Thorn
-SD-Member
-SD-Member
More
Happy New Year 2020 !! #4
First of all I wish you a happy new year too! :woohoo:

My ambition this year is to pass all the exams I will have in my education this year. I have to pass them with at least 70%, so that I will be admitted to the final exam as a train driver in two years. :dry:
Otherwise I hope for a lot of vacations, trips and so on. :evil:

Best greetings from Germany
Sgt.Thorn

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

1 month 3 weeks ago
Connor
Visitor
Visitor
Topic Author
Happy New Year 2020 !! #5
Train driver is certainly a decent job, they are paid very well in the UK here so i'm assuming it'll be the same situation for Germany - i'll keep my fingers crossed for you Thorn. :)

1 month 3 weeks ago
-SD-Eltalp
-SD-Member
-SD-Member
More
Happy New Year 2020 !! #6
Happy new year Connor!
I'm glad for you. Good luck in your new job.

My new year's purpose is...learn english :blush:

1 month 3 weeks ago
Connor
Visitor
Visitor
Topic Author
Happy New Year 2020 !! #7
A smart lad like you, i'm sure you'll manage it no problem Eltalp. Try and take some english courses, they will help a massive load :)

1 month 3 weeks ago
-SD-panik
-SD-Member
-SD-Member
More
Happy New Year 2020 !! #8
Happy New Year to everybody :)

What I want for 2020 is that old talk, but i want health for my family, happiness and more free time to be at sea sailing :). Money and career are also important, as a programmer, i hope to continue to evolve and not lose my passion for work. I wish everyone can achieve the goals they have set.

Hugs to all from P@n!k aka José ;)

The following user(s) said Thank You -SD-rebourne, -SD-peacefulfury, Connor, -SD-Eltalp, -SDr-rutnut